COST FOR SPRING 2020 HAS INCREASED
Plugs cost $42.95 PER ORDER of 36 Plugs +
Shipping charges are $27 for first order & $14 each additional order.
ALL OUR Plugs ship via FEDEX GROUND.
Orders must be placed by 1 PM EST on THURSDAY in order to ship the
Palmetto St Augustine Grass Plugs
Palmetto St Augustine Lawn Grass Plugs
- In coastal regions, life is filled with sun, fun and salt air. While these elements can make for a great weekend, they are often too much for some grass varieties to take. With high heat, humidity and salt levels in the southeast and other coastal areas, it is often a challenge to produce lawns that are healthy, beautiful and resilient. Because of the abundance of large oak, willow and other shade trees, finding a grass variety that thrives in sun and tolerates moderate shade is yet another problem. Palmetto St. Augustine grass is so versatile it overcomes these and other elements Mother Nature throws its way.
Please scroll down for important shipping information.
All of our plugs are sold as 36 @ 3"x 3" Plugs per order of 1. SAVE 10% on purchases of 10 or more of the same variety, on the same
Uses For Palmetto St Augustine Grass Plugs
Palmetto St Augustine grass plugs may be planted for commercial or residential lawns or turf for Parks and Recreation in the Southern USA to the border of the transition zone and westward into California.
Features of Palmetto St Augustine Grass are listed below:
- Densely Spreading Variety
- Aggressive Growth Habit
- Cold Tolerant
- Performs Well In Sun And Shade
- Dark Green Color - Emerald-green
- Medium Coarse Texture
- Good Shade Tolerance -- requires 3-4 hours of direct sunlight a day
- Mowing Height: 2" - 3"
- Mowing Frequency: Weekly - Rotary Mower
- Wear Resistance: Fair
- Good Injury Recovery
- Good Salt Tolerance
- Good Drought Tolerance
Areas Of Adaptation For Palmetto St Augustine Grass
Palmetto St Augustine Grass has an expanded area or adaptation over other St Augustine varieties in that it can be planted further north and westward in the USA due to it's cold tolerance.
Palmetto St Augustine should be planted in zones 8 - 10 as shown here on the USDA Hardiness Map for 2012 below. Please click on the map for a larger picture.
Soil, Climate, And Fertility Requirements
Palmetto St Augustine Grass performs well in full sun yet thrives in shaded areas where other grasses fail. Palmetto St. Augustine requires 3-4 hours of direct sunlight per day. It is cold
hardy to near 0