AVAILABLE March 2017 - 25 LB. - La Prima Bermuda / Coated Seed
Quantity in Basket:
Product Code: BER-LAPRIMA-25
Regular Price: $199.00
Shipping Weight: 25.00 pounds
Scroll down to view additional product details.
LaPrima Turf Bermuda Grass Seed
- LaPrima is a certified seed blend of 2 improved turf type Bermudagrass Seed:
- La Paloma
*Note: Seed Blend contains coating material of
Actual varieties & percentage of each subject to change.
LaPRIMA Brand Bermudagrass Seed Blend -
A certified blend of improved varieties, specifically chosen for
their improved turf traits and useful on turf projects including
golf courses, sports fields, parks, schools and home lawns. This
blend exhibits uniform medium-dark green color and
improved density, with medium to medium-fine leaf texture.
LaPRIMA contains 2 varieties
chosen by SRO agronomists for their overall improved turf
performance, darker green color, increased winter hardiness, higher
turf density and finer leaf texture. The LaPRIMA
Bermuda Blend will continue to evolve and improve each year for
better turf performance and quality, as newer bermudagrass varieties
are added to the SRO line-up. Certified seed
is readily available.
La PRIMA Bermudagrass Seed Blend is the best choice for your high profile project where fast germination, rapid establishment and excellent turf performance are required. It is the first Certified blend of improved, turf-type seeded Bermudagrass varieties. The high performance bermudagrass varieties in La PRIMA were chosen for their individual benefits and characteristics: to provide an extremely high quality turf grass surface in a shorter time --- The picture above shows LaPrima coverage 5 weeks after planting --- at less expense to the consumer and with easier maintenance requirements. La
PRIMA will outperform single seeded varieties in most situations. You can always count on La
PRIMA Turf-Type Bermudagrass Blend to consist of the best Bermuda varieties available.
Planting LaPrima Bermudagrass Seed
2-3 lbs. / per 1000 sq. ft.
Uses And Applications For LaPrima Bermudagrass
This scientifically formulated blend
of the top performing seeded turf-type bermudagrass varieties, delivers excellent results throughout the temperate, subtropical and tropical regions of the world. Recent research has also shown
to be an excellent resource for the transition zone turf grass manager. La PRIMA is especially designed for new plantings and use on golf course fairways, roughs and tees, municipal parks, commercial landscapes and all types of sports fields. This top quality turf-type bermudagrass product is easily planted from seed, allowing for much faster and far less expensive turf-grass establishment, when compared to the popular vegetative bermuda varieties. Certified La PRIMA may be overseeded into stands of common or other seeded bermuda varieties to improve density, turf quality and overall turf grass performance. When a healthier, easier to maintain turf is desired, La PRIMA may be overseeded into existing stands of medium textured hybrid or vegetative bermuda grass.
Benefits of Annual Spring & Summer Overseeding of Bermuda Grass
Overseeding your existing bermudagrass area will lead to increased Bermuda Population - new seedlings will establish and contribute to a higher quality mature turf appearance. Improved Summer Transition - correct inter-seeding practices will reduce ryegrass competition and increase soil temperature for faster Bermuda recovery. Reduced Weed Infestations - more completely covered soil surface will reduce weed seed germination and establishment in summer months. Improved Stress Tolerance - seeded turf-type Bermudas are generally more salt, heat, drought, disease and insect tolerant than popular vegetative varieties.
Turf Quality LaPrima Bermuda Grass Benefits
Read more about La Prima Bermudagrass
- Genetically stable turf
- Very uniform growth
- Medium to fine texture
- Increased salt tolerance
- Fast germination & establishment
- Increased turf density
- Dark green color
- Consistently high quality turf
- Durable, wear tolerant turf
- Tolerates poor quality & effluent water
- Higher fertilizer efficiency
- Withstands variable soil conditions
- Certified Seed
- Easy to maintain
- Rotary or reel mowers
- Disease and pest resistant
- Diverse genetic origins
- Drought tolerant
In many situations, Certified La
PRIMA Turf-Type seeded Bermudagrass, from Seed Research of Oregon is a wiser, more economical and beneficial choice for a turf project manager, architect or designer.
This includes new turf projects, with many architects and project designers specifying a seeded turf-type bermuda such as
La PRIMA for new sports fields, golf course fairways & roughs and parks or commercial properties. It is also true for renovation or yearly maintenance of existing bermudagrass turf, whether the existing turf is a seeded bermuda grass or one of the popular hybrid vegetative varieties.
Grass Solutions With LaPrima Bermuda Grass Seed
- Convenience - certified LaPRIMA seed can be stored on the job site until needed for planting, whereas sprigs & sod must be ordered daily as needed or they dry out & die. Seed can be stored in the maintenance facility for regular use in repairing divots, worn spots, etc.
- Nurse Crop - LaPRIMA Bermuda seed can be planted on a project, blended with sprigs of some varieties of hybrid bermudagrass such as Tifway 419. The fast establishing La PRIMA seedlings help hold the soil in place and shade the soil, while the slow establishing sprigs take root and begin to spread. This will allow the project to open for play or use sooner.
- Repairs Easier & Cheaper - a worn area on a seeded or hybrid bermuda course, park or sports field can be repaired more easily and at far lower costs using La
- Overseed Transition Easier - using LaPRIMA Bermudagrass seed in an annual spring overseeding program can improve the transition from winter ryegrass back to the hybrid or seeded bermudagrass base. The faster recovery and spread rate of La PRIMA Bermudagrass will get the bermuda base re-established much quicker, for improved summer appearance & performance, as well as a smoother ryegrass overseeding the following fall.
LaPrima Bermuda Grass Seed Savings
- Quality Assurance - La PRIMA certified seed has blue, certified tags attached to each bag to assure the buyer of the genetic and mechanical purity of the bermuda they are planting. Whereas vegetative hybrid bermuda sprigs & sod are rarely available certified by a third-party agency (many sod farms are known to be contaminated with different mixtures of bermuda grass).
- Initial Water Savings - sprigged or sodded bermuda generally needs more frequent daily watering, for a longer establishment period than LaPRIMA seeded bermuda, to establish well. This is a significant economic factor with rising water costs and increasing water restrictions for recreational turf across the country.
- Time Savings - under proper planting and growing conditions, a La PRIMA
bermuda planted project can be opened for limited use several weeks to several months before a sprig planted bermuda project. This earlier opening date is highly valued by project owners for early revenue generation on a new project. (even a sod planted project must stay out of play until the roots re-establish, which may take as long as establishing a seed planted project).
- Material Cost Savings - the grass materials for a sprig planted project may run two or even three times the cost of plant materials for a seed planted project of the same size. Plantings in the southwestern United States that use certified seed may save as much as $650.00 per acre or $65,000.00 on 100 acres of golf fairways, using seed rather than sod.
- Maintenance Savings - LaPRIMA turf-type seeded bermuda requires less maintenance than most of the hybrid vegetative varieties, which must be de-thatched yearly and require special mowers. La PRIMA has fewer disease and insect pest problems than some hybrids.